We recognize that planning for the preservation and distribution of your estate can be daunting, and at times, a great burden. Similarly, planning and managing health care costs for retirees and those nearing retirement is a similar source of stress for many families and individuals. We can help.
Timoney Knox’s Wills, Trusts and Estates Law Group attorneys possess unsurpassed skills in all aspects of wills, trusts and estates law and have a tremendous reputation for being trusted advisors to individuals and even generations of families looking for simple or sophisticated estate planning, including those with complicated tax issues.
Our comprehensive and client-focused approach to your legal needs will provide the peace of mind that you seek. Because every individual, business and family situation is unique, we will thoroughly analyze your estate and strategize the best means of transferring assets, minimizing taxes, establishing guardianship and a trust for children, caring for pets, supporting personal philanthropic causes, and protecting your loved ones. Through this process, we will work closely with your financial advisors, if appropriate, to prepare a comprehensive and impactful planning of your legacy that may include wills, trusts, estate freezes and business succession plans, and powers of attorney. We are very proud of the exceptional service we provide and, above all, we make sure we give each and every client significant individualized attention in order to develop a customized plan for you that reflects your objectives and values.
We also have superior expertise in representing individuals and families in estate litigation matters. This includes any dispute involving the estate, a will, a trust or a power of attorney, and matters such as an executor of an estate who seeks direction from the court, applicants for guardianship orders of an incapacitated person or a minor, and dependents who seek distributions from an estate or trust.
- Advanced health directives/living wills
- Comprehensive plans (simple or complex)
- Elder law planning
- Irrevocable life insurance trusts
- Revocable living trusts
- Tax advice
- Beneficiary designations for Life Insurance and Retirement Accounts
- Durable powers of attorney
- Health care powers of attorney
- Personal residence trusts
- Special needs trusts
- Asset gathering and payment of debts
- Estate and gift tax returns
- Fiduciary income tax returns
- Receipt and Release Agreements
- Comprehensive representation of executors and administrators
- Family Settlement Agreements
- Inheritance tax returns
- Accounts and administration
- Modification of trust
- Tax advice
- Change of trustee
- Representation of trustees and beneficiaries
- Trust interpretation
Orphans’ Court Litigation
- Actions by and against executors or trustees
- Breach of fiduciary duty claims
- Claims of lack of capacity
- Will contests
- Claims of undue influence
Please contact a member of our Wills, Trusts, and Estates Law Group for more information on our estate planning services.